French Open 2026: Players cut off pre-tournament media after 15 minutes as row over pay continues

🚀 Discover this must-read post from BBC Sport 📖

📂 **Category**:

✅ **What You’ll Learn**:

Last year, the prize fund rose by 7% to £53.5m, double the amount on offer a decade ago.

But players look enviously at the revenue generated by the Grand Slams and feel they deserve a bigger slice of the pie.

The AELTC’s financial statement for the year to July 2025 showed revenues of £427 million and profits after tax of £39.7 million.

Players have asked the major leagues to pay 22% of their revenues in prize money by 2030.

They also demand that tens of millions of dollars be paid for pensions, health care and maternity benefits, and that they be consulted more widely on scheduling and other key decisions.

At the Italian Open this month, world number one Aryna Sabalenka said she believed players would “at some point” boycott a major tournament.

World number three Iga Swiatek said that would be “a bit extreme,” but defending French Open champion Coco Gauff said she would support the strike “if everyone moves as one team and cooperates.”

Men’s world number one Jannik Sinner also claimed that players do not get the respect they deserve when it comes to prize money at major tournaments.

The French Open will be held from May 24 to June 7.

⚡ **What’s your take?**
Share your thoughts in the comments below!

#️⃣ **#French #Open #Players #cut #pretournament #media #minutes #row #pay #continues**

🕒 **Posted on**: 1779300813

🌟 **Want more?** Click here for more info! 🌟

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *