Minnesota officials say they do not have access to evidence after the fatal ICE shooting and the FBI will not work jointly in the investigation

💥 Read this must-read post from PBS NewsHour – Politics 📖

📂 **Category**: fbi,ice,ice shooting,minneapolis,minnesota

✅ **What You’ll Learn**:

The Minnesota investigative agency said Thursday that the U.S. Attorney’s Office has barred it from participating in the investigation into the killing of Minneapolis woman Renee Judd, a 37-year-old mother of three, at the hands of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer.

He watches: Walz says Minnesota should play a role in the investigation into the killing of Renee Judd by ICE

“The FBI will now only lead the investigation, and the FBI will no longer have access to the case materials, crime scene evidence, or investigative interviews necessary to complete a comprehensive, independent investigation,” Drew Evans, director of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, said in a statement.

It had been decided that the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension would investigate Goode’s shooting death with the FBI, but that was later changed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, according to Evans.

Evans wrote that the anti-corruption watchdog “reluctantly withdrew from the investigation.”

The announcement came as protesters clashed with law enforcement Thursday morning outside an immigration court in Minneapolis, with the governor urging restraint and schools canceling classes as a precaution. In response to a question about this development, Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said Thursday that Minnesota authorities “have no jurisdiction over this investigation.”

The governor objects to the feds freezing the case out of the investigation

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz criticized the Trump administration on Thursday for freezing Minnesota out of the investigation.

“It is very difficult to get a fair result,” Walz said at a news conference. “And I only say that because people in positions of power have already passed judgment, from the president to the vice president to Kristi Noem, stood up and told you things that are verifiably false and verifiably inaccurate.”

He watches: Vance blames fatal shooting victim on ICE in White House press conference

Public Safety Commissioner Bob Jacobson said he welcomed the opportunity to bring his agents back to participate in the search for answers.

“For us, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, without cooperation from the federal government,” Jacobson said.

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty said her office is “exploring all options to ensure the investigation continues at the state level” and that they are “talking to our local partners about ways forward.”

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said Thursday he was dismayed that the FBI and Justice Department blocked the state from participating in the investigation.

“Is it a problem? Absolutely,” Frey said in an interview with The Associated Press. “Am I concerned about this development? Of course I am.”

“We want to make sure there is oversight over this administration to ensure this investigation is conducted for justice, not for a cover-up.”

A free press is the cornerstone of a healthy democracy.

Support trustworthy journalism and civil dialogue.


💬 **What’s your take?**
Share your thoughts in the comments below!

#️⃣ **#Minnesota #officials #access #evidence #fatal #ICE #shooting #FBI #work #jointly #investigation**

🕒 **Posted on**: 1767932134

🌟 **Want more?** Click here for more info! 🌟

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *