Watch: Trump says: “No one occupied” the US Institute of Peace, and he had nothing to do with renaming the building after him

🔥 Check out this trending post from PBS NewsHour – Politics 📖

📂 **Category**: Donald Trump news,marco rubio,U.S. Institute of Peace

📌 **What You’ll Learn**:

President Donald Trump said Thursday that Secretary of State Marco Rubio was the driving force behind renaming the US Institute of Peace the “Donald J. Trump US Institute of Peace,” in a move that remains disputed in the courts.

Watch the clip in the video player above.

“Marco named his name after me,” Trump said at the inaugural meeting of his Peace Council in the former building of the United States Institute of Peace. Trump said it was a surprise. Rubio is not known to have played a significant role in the renaming, although the State Department is the current trustee.

Read more: Trump added his name to the US Institute of Peace building while fighting the organization in court

USIP was created as an independent entity by Congress in 1984, a status that Trump sought to revoke last year when the building was seized from his leadership and nearly all of its employees were fired. The changes remain subject to litigation.

A free press is the cornerstone of a healthy democracy.

Support trustworthy journalism and civil dialogue.


🔥 **What’s your take?**
Share your thoughts in the comments below!

#️⃣ **#Watch #Trump #occupied #Institute #Peace #renaming #building**

🕒 **Posted on**: 1771525927

🌟 **Want more?** Click here for more info! 🌟

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *